Before coming to school each day, all staff and students must complete the Alberta government’s Alberta's Daily Checklist, which is available in multiple languages, to determine whether they can attend or must stay home. Students with COVID-19 symptoms or experiencing illness will not be permitted on the bus.
Because physical distancing is not possible on a bus, to help keep students and staff as safe as possible, the following protocols will be followed:
- Students in Grades K–12 who are physically, psychologically, or developmentally able to wear a mask will be required to do so.
- Students will practice physical distancing while at the bus stop and will line up 2-metres apart.
- Students will be assigned seats using a seating plan that limits close contact with others when possible.
- Students will sit with members of the same household when possible.
- Students will be taught and reminded of how to respect physical distancing.
- There will be a protective zone between the driver and student passengers, with no person seated in the seat directly behind the bus driver.
- The bus will be cleaned according to COVID-19 cleaning standards.
- High-contact areas will be cleaned throughout the day.
- A deep clean of the bus will be completed daily.